There is always a level of stress that accompanies packing for a move or for a self-storage project. Your mind is on overdrive thinking about where to buy boxes, paper, and tape and the amounts of these materials that you’ll need. Then you start thinking about the cost. Moving is expensive, and you don’t want to overspend on packing supplies. Should you run from store to store looking for discarded boxes that could be in bad condition or harboring insects (among other strange things)? Should you start calling friends to see if they have leftover boxes, which may be weakened from overuse and perilous for your belongings? You don’t have to settle for second-class packing supplies that won’t adequately protect your belongings. We carry a full inventory of high-quality, affordable moving and packing supplies. Below are some of our best-selling items.
- Small Moving Box 1.5 cubic feet 16 x 12.5 x 12.5 – This is our best seller and best for heavy items.
- Medium Moving Box 3.1 cubic feet 18 x 18 x 16 – This is a general size and good for kitchen items, small appliances, clothing, and linens.
- Large Moving Box 4.5 cubic feet 24 x 18 x 18 – This size is good for the bulkier items you need to pack. Some common items packed in this box include bedding, pillows, small lamps, artificial plants, and other large items that do not weigh too much.
- Extra Large Moving Box 6.0 cubic feet 24 x 24 x 16 (adjustable height) – This size is good for comforters, medium lamps, artificial plants and bulky items. Remember it can get heavy very quickly.
Dish and Glass Kits
- The Dish Kit comes with one cell divider and 24 foam pouches. It fits in our Small Moving Box. Slip your dish into the foam pouch, then place it in the divider. The divider keeps the dishes standing on their edge which is the safest way for shipping and helps prevent damage. This kit holds 6 plates, 6 saucers, 6 bowls and 6 salad plates.
- The Glass Kit comes with one cell divider and 12 foam pouches. It fits in our Small Moving Box. Slip your glass into the foam pouch, then place it in the divider. With smaller glasses you may be able to fit two in each pouch. The foam pouches and divider help protect against chipping and breaking. Each kit will pack 12-24 glasses.
- The Dish Pack is a heavy duty, double walled box to help protect your dishes and glasses. It is best to pack the larger, heavier items, in the bottom and lighter more fragile items near the top. We suggest using the Dish Pack Insert Kit when packing dishes and glasses in this box. The inserts separate the box into three levels with one 9 cell level and two 16 cell levels with two square pads to separate the levels. The cell partitions may be adjusted to match the items you are packing. This box is also great for larger items like lamps or art that require extra protection offered by the double wall construction. Size limit 95 inches. Gross wt lt 100 lbs.
- Packing Tape is typically available in three grades. Standard is 1.7 mil, Heavy Duty is 2.0 mil and Extra Heavy Duty is 2.5 mil. We find the mid grade has great strength at a reasonable price. Our tape has a 3″ core to fit standard tape dispensers.
- Clear Tape can be used to put over labels and markings you may have added to your boxes.
- Paper Tape is great for sealing cartons. It doesn’t stretch, it’s self adhesive, and it’s easy to tear by hand. This saves the cost of a dispenser.
- The Tape Dispenser makes it easy to apply and cut packing tape when sealing a carton. We have a 3 roll value pack that includes a small tape dispenser.
- Stretch Wrap Stretch Wrap is made from polyethylene plastic. It works well for wrapping because there is no adhesive, which can damage furniture and other items with smooth surfaces. It can be used to wrap furniture and mattresses. We carry 20” and 5” stretch tape. Either can be used to wrap around dressers to keep the drawers closed during shipping. Select film with an extended core to act as handles, because it makes wrapping easier and avoids the cost of an expensive and heavy separate dispensing tool.
- Protect your fragile items by wrapping them in layers of bubble wrap. Use it to cushion your items so that they don’t shift in the boxes.
- How Much I Need is easy to figure out. We carry the 1 inch size wrap, which works for most packing needs. Our Bubble wrap® is 2 feet wide and comes on a long roll. Perforations are provided every 12 inches, which makes it easy to tear off the only what you want. We typically sell it by the foot in our easy to handle 25 foot rolls or we are happy to customize a roll for your needs.
- Wrapping Paper, sometimes known as packing paper for moving, works well for wrapping dishes and fragile items. Crumpled wrapping paper is also a cost effective way to fill the voids in your boxes so that items don’t shift in transit. When your items don’t need the extra protection of bubble wrap®, wrapping paper is thinner and uses less space. Our wrapping paper is sold in a 10 lb box.
Mattress & Furniture Covers
- Twin – 40″ x 10″ x 86″ Box pleated for easy fit. Two per pack.
- Full – 54″ x 10″ x 90″ Box pleated for easy fit.
- Queen – 61″ x 10″ x 90″ Box pleated for easy fit.
- King – 76″ x 15″ x 90″ For extra thick pillow top mattresses.
- Sofa Covers – 45″ x 152″ Covers sofas up to 9’6″.
- Chair Covers – 46″ x 76″ Two per pack.
- Picture Covers – 30″ x 48″ Straight pleated pocket. Two per pack.
Picture and Mirror Boxes
- Mirror Boxes are adjustable and can be telescoped to fit larger mirrors or pictures for a more custom fit. A single mirror box measures 22″ x 3.5″ x 32″. Sliding 4 boxes together allows you to pack a mirror or picture up to 40″ x 3.5″ x 60″.
- E-Z Pack for Pictures is a system for packing and protecting your pictures and mirrors. The pack contains 4 corner protectors; 17′ strapping to keep the corners snug to the frame and 1 strapping seal to keep them in place. The corner protectors are 4″ thick and designed to fit all picture frame sizes and styles. Your picture or mirror stays suspended in the carton.
- Small Picture Boxes are 25″ x 8″ x 33″. Size limit 85 inches. Gross wt lt 80 lbs.
- Medium Picture Boxes are 33″ x 7.25″ x 41.5″. Size limit 75 inches. Gross wt lt 65 lbs.
- Large Picture Boxes are 50″ x 7.5″ x 30″. Size limit 75 inches. Gross wt lt 65 lbs.
- How Many and What Size Do I Need is easy to figure out. Measure in feet the clothing hanging in your closet. Purchase that many feet of wardrobe boxes. We have boxes that are 1.5 feet wide and 2 feet wide. The size you need is determined by what you will pack. The short size is fine for blouses, shirts, suits, pants and jackets. Longer hanging items like dresses work best in the taller box. When you hang shorter items in the tall box, you will have extra space at the top and/or bottom for shoes, handbags, sweaters and other items.
- 18″ Wardrobe Boxes are 18″ x 21″ x 47″ with a hanging bar. Size Limit 105 inches. Gross weight limit 120 lbs.
- 24″ Wardrobe Boxes are 24″ x 20″ x 47″ with a hanging bar. Size Limit 95 inches. Gross weight limit 100 lbs.
- 24″ Short Wardrobe Boxes are 24″ x 20″ x 34″ with a hanging bar. Size Limit 95 inches. Gross weight limit 100 lbs.
Please check with storage locations for availability.